February 2010 Hair Update + New Goals

Below are some recent hair photos. I stretched my relaxer out to 13 weeks - it was quite hard at times I must admit. The most my hair (especially since it's so coarse and highly textured) can tolerate is 10-11 weeks post. The longer I stretch, the more hair I lose Smiley. I learned my lesson! LOL

Moving on...I lightly trimmed my hair twice since I last relaxed in November 2009. I did this because I noticed some split ends and they had to go because I'm in the Healthy Ends Challenge on Hairlista Inc.

I feel like I haven't gained much length this time around (plus I gave my scalp a break from JBCO for a while..don't worry I will continue using it again starting tonight..I slacked off big time. No more excuses). Overall, I'm pretty happy with the health - which is most important.

FYI, I'm still on my quest to MBL...it's taking some time...but I'm loving the journey nonetheless Smiley.

Goals I Met from June 2009 Personal MBL Check Up:

  • CONSISTENTLY Apply Jamaican Black Castor oil (not a fan of the regular Castor oil - sorry) to scalp 3x/week part of the Castor Oil Challenge Pt.2
  • Increase/maintain thickness (hair & ends)
  • Keep up with light protein weekly
  • Incorporate more oils into regimen
  • Co-wash 1x/week part of the Summer 2009 Co-wash Challenge
  • Take Multi-Vitamins Daily & Fish Oils

New Goals:

  • Apply JBCO to scalp 3 times a week after wash day
  • Take Multi-Vitamin and Omega 3-6-9 capsules daily
  • Drink 8 glasses of water daily
  • Exercise 3 times a week (I got a new membership..YAY Me!)
  • Increase shine and soften texture (hard goal but I'm willing to take on the challenge)
  • Buy a new steamer (my Hair Therapy Wrap broke..will explain later)
  • Simplify regimen and products even more!

Check'em out:


Find more photos like this on HAIRLISTA INC. Healthy Hair Network


Sunshyne